Gino’s Vacation Home

Important Info

Important Info

Alarm Number:

This is the number used in America: 911.

Car Rental:

Renting a car during your stay in Orlando is a “must” as it allows you to travel everywhere at your convenience. [ Bring a valid driver’s license! ]

When picking up a car take the time to check it carefully together with a rental company employee for existing damage, and make clear notes on the form so you will not be held liable later.

Some rental companies offer a collision damage waiver i.e. in the event of damage to the vehicle the waiver amount is retained in Orlando and you recover it via the rental company in question after your return.

Time Difference:

Florida is 6 hours earlier than the Central European Zone and 12 to 14 hours earlier than the Asian time zones.

Orlando is located in the Eastern Time Zone [ UTC/GMT -05:00 ]

Travel Documents:

When you start planning a trip to Orlando, Florida, you need three travel documents :

  1. 1. A valid passport, which must be valid at least another 6 months after return to the country of issue.
  2. 2. A valid return or transit travel ticket.
  3. 3. A fully completed and signed embarkation-disembarkation card, which you receive in the plane on  your way to the U.S..

Who needs a visa?

Anyone who is not eligible to enter the United States without a visa  under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) needs a visa.

The Visa Waiver Program enables citizens of participating countries to travel to the U.S. for tourism or business for 90 days or less without obtaining a U.S. visa.

For detailed information on the conditions to travel without a visa, please go to ( link opens in a new window )

What is a visa?

A visa is issued by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. A visa is a sticker in your passport that entitles you to travel to the United States and ‘apply for admission’, i.e. present your passport to a U.S. immigration inspector at a port of entry. A visa does not guarantee entry. An immigration inspector at the U.S. port of entry determines the visa holder’s eligibility for admission into the United States.

A non-immigrant visa is still required for travelers:

  • Who are not citizens of the countries mentioned in the Visa Waiver Program.
  • Who are citizens of a Visa Waiver country, but who do not have a valid ESTA travel authorization.
  • Who wish to travel to the United States for more than 90 days.
  • Who wish to travel to the United States in order to attend secondary school or university (as part of an exchange program or a self-organized stay).
  • Who arrive on a private aircraft or boat.
  • Who intend to accept paid or unpaid employment in the USA (also applies to journalists, au-pairs and interns).
  • Who have a diplomatic or official status AND who are traveling to the United States on an official mission.
  • Who might otherwise be ineligible for a visa under U.S. law. In general these provisions of the law affect people who were previously denied visas, have criminal records, previously violated immigration legislation, or have contagious diseases of public health significance.
  • Who wish to immigrate to the United States.


Contrary to the West-European standard the voltage in the U.S. is 110-120 Volt/60hertz.

Please verify that the devices you bring take 110-120 Volt, as not all do.

The property does not have 220 Volt outlets.

You also need to bring U.S. outlet adapters [ 2 flat pins ].

If you forget to bring U.S. outlet adapters, you can always buy them in the Walmart Superstore nearby.

Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved. Affiliated with

Back to Top ↑